POT FARM INFO
"News for Mobile"
To play on phones or tablets, I recommend the
The following is only the very latest news. For everything else, visit Pot Farm Info, the Complete Unofficial Guide to Pot Farm.
- The Superhero Theme ended (Monday 6/17, at midnight pacific time.) We're expecting a couple days off before the next theme. If all goes as planned, we should have a new theme on Thursday or Friday. No word yet on what that will be. (It will NOT be the Fairy Tale theme that's been discussed recently.) Discuss here.
- 6/18: New permanent quests added for players level 150+! See BARFING DRAGON QUESTS. Discuss here. (It was rumored that we'd be getting a new chronic quest today, but that's been delayed.) They also added 3 new plants today: Salty Nut Bush, Music Tree and Ashtray Vine. These will grow from Jackpot seeds. When you harvest them, you'll get salty nuts, groovy tunes, and cigarette butts for your Barfing Dragon!
- 6/18: Bubblegum and Caramelicious awards (trophies) have been fixed!
- 6/13 PFM UPDATE: PF Manager has not been working since 3pm Tuesday 6/11. THIS IS ONLY TEMPORARY. See all the latest PFM updates here.
- Most permanent plants have had their GROW TIME cut in HALF! The devs say this feature will last until the end of June!
- Current share posts DO work! However, share links posted before 3:30pm Pacific Time Tusday 6/11 no longer work and will just take you to the game. Also, claim limits have NOT been changed. They have simply brought back the note showing how many people can collect (rather than saying someone beat you to it.) However, this no longer includes what type of post you were collecting from so it causes some confusion. (They plan on adding that back in soon.)
- Display change! The top shows progress toward the next level, pot bucks, puff puff, and coins. The picture of Floyd in the upper left corner is now where you now find quests. See DEVS POST. DISCUSS HERE.
- MOST ASKED QUESTION: Where do I find an item I need for a quest? Click the GO THERE button on the quest page in the game. If there's an option to buy it, you can. Also, search the QUEST LIST in this guide to see if you earn it doing another quest.
- 6/7: Fat Bats (including the new Cheesy Fat Bat) have been made permanent along with new (non-theme, non-timed) fat bat quests. See complete info on Fat Bats.
- 6/5: Mac n cheese shares fixed. Singles now share mystery seeds instead of surprise seeds. 6/7: Devs also fixed the problem with the double mac n cheese (where you could never collect).
- 6/5: Check out the new PFI DAILY BREAD PAGE. There's even a countdown timer showing how long until you can collect again.
- FUTURE FEATURE: Get more info and discuss GAME GROUPS (aka RALLIES) in the PFI discussion group.
- "Watch this video" popups. They're not new. They simply moved them from the beginning of the session to during a session so people actually read them. If you say NO (click X), you shouldn't see another for the rest of that session. If you're seeing more, let them know. It is NOT their intent to show it more than once per session.
- Pot Farm regularly recommends this site:
May 29. (Previous shout outs:
- On 5/14, grow time on Hemp and Hops was reduced. Devs said the change was TEMPORARY for the SciFi 2013 theme, but it continues. Now they say they MAY make it permanent.
- If you want to upgrade something, do not place it on the bottom row. The trees will block the upgrade button. Devs know and are working in a fix to trim the trees.
- 5/10: Quest and Contraption Buy share posts have been discontinued.
- GuruBar Users / Mooch Group Members: Due to the recent changes to gifting, the gifting buttons on the toolbar are not working and have therefore been removed. I've closed the mooch group for the time being. Anyone wishing to encourage the devs to help out with this, please give this 3 votes. See the toolbar page for more info. Discuss.
- BIG NEWS about collection limits. All collection limits used to be on a rolling 24 hour clock. NOW, limits reset every day at the same time (10pm PDT) when daily bread comes out. This covers returning gifts and collecting from newsfeed posts.
- 5/1: Storage is now combined! Open one storage unit and see what's in all of them. You can even store excess storage units! See all the details (with pictures) on the PFI Storage Page. See Pot Farm's POST ABOUT THE CHANGE. Discuss.
- Most contraptions no longer offer share posts. From the devs: "To cut down on feeds (Facebook doesn't like how many feeds we push out) we took out contraptions shares for stuff you can easily get from visitor gifts."
- GuruBar users: I do NOT recommend using the new "present" button appearing between search and "Play". This is NOT something I added. It is by the company (Conduit) that I use to publish the toolbar. I RECOMMEND clicking your GuruBar button, then toolbar options, then clicking HIDE on the first item (listed as "MAM"). This will remove it from your toolbar. Discuss.
- Pot Farm Info now runs PF MANAGER. It's an awesome news feed organizer app for Pot Farm. It's back up and running for everyone (even those users who previously had permission problems). It's been optimized for smart phone users. You can now choose to turn off back feed. You can set markers to remind you what you've maxed out on. And, there's now a timer showing when your limits reset. Check it out.
- Read about recent changes to message center/gifting. Discuss.
- 4/16: Update to Puff Passes. They now show total points instead of passes (which were 140 points each). See details and discuss. Also, we are no longer prompted to confirm if we want to use puff puff when planting hydros or starting contraptions that require it. Puff puff is still used. Much easier without all the popups!
- Floyd Freakout bonus links were finally blocked. Considering this feature was removed from the game in August 2011, it really should be no big surprise.
- The Lost Bud quest, "Payout", expired on May 10(?), 2013. Details.
- Updates to Mystery Critter Gifts and some quests requiring critters. Details.
- 4/8: The Mystery Seed share limit for Bankers Buds was changed from 50/day to 1/day.
- Game of Chrons quest pack had a new quest added to it! See complete details on the Chronic Quest Page. The pack can no longer be purchased.
- April 1st Crate was a free giveaway for April Fools Day. (4/21/13 UPDATE: OPEN IT and get a Barfing Dragon!) (Run time on Barfing Dragon dropped from 10 minutes to 2 minutes.)
- 3/20 update: Bankers Buds coin sale price dropped on 2/26/13 from 400,000 to 40,000 coins, so we need to plant them to get the real value out of them. I was told on 3/20 "That was (a) change that they decided to make. It was a design decision."
- New: Pot Farm Lottery. Randomly win a prize! Details/Discuss.
- Facebook credit scam warning!
- See info on Facebook Credits.
- 3/1: NEW INFO FROM PFI: The CRITTER PAGE has been updated to include which critters you can get from Mystery Critter Gifts. There's also a new Mystery Gift Page showing what you can get from Mystery Gifts based on your level. Both of these pages show which items are most common and which are most rare.
- UPGRADE CHANGE: There is a new upgrade symbol on the lower left of upgradable items. SEE IT HERE! You need to click that to do upgrades now. If you have a problem, try zooming in to click it.
- 2/5 update: Due to a change in Facebook's wall sharing policy, visiting neighbors no longer allows shares (chore posts).
- Jan 24, 2013 - JITTERS UPDATE!
- UPDATE: The off-Facebook version of the game is no longer available due to Facebook changes. On 12/22/12, the devs said they're going to try to bring the offsite back ASAP because they know there are players that don't want to use FB credits. However, everythng I hear from them gives no hope that it will ever be back.
- Radio interview with makers of Pot Farm! Part 1, Part 2.
- Listen to Pot Farm's latest "Pot-Cast" (#2) released 12/13/12. If you missed it, here's the 1st "Pot-Cast".
- Seasonal seeds changed to share SURPRISE seeds instead of the seasonal seeds. See details on the THEME PAGE and discuss here.
- Pot Farm added options for Full, Half, and NO animation. See their post.
- Pot Farm Auto Publish feature: How to turn it off or on.
- Players experiencing problems should report them to support.
Earn Facebook credits at 4LOOT.